Dills Architects is Hiring
We currently have immediate openings for Architects and Interior Designers. We offer generous benefits and compensation packages.
The successful candidates have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, collaborate in a team environment, and complete tasks with accuracy, precision, and with attention to detail. Must have solid technical, design process skills and problem-solving abilities. Knowledge of construction techniques and applicable codes/standards.
Work is in our Virginia Beach office, with some remote flexibility.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Required)
5+ year minimum experience (Required)
Experience in the Federal Market (preferred)
CAD & Revit skills (Required)
LEED Certification (Preferred)
Please Apply below.
Interior Designer for Architectural Interiors with CID Certification; emphasis on K-12 and DOD/Federal projects.
- Design Architectural Interiors to include space planning, custom casework, lighting layouts and selection, FF&E and SID.
- Create detailed and technically accurate drawings of proposed designs, Finish Boards, Furnishings Presentation Books, and Specifications.
- Work closely with clients, furniture manufacturers, reps, vendors, etc. in the process of FF&E and SID selections, pricing and assisting clients with procurement.
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and construction schedules; coordinate with project Architects.
A successful candidate has:
- A strong understanding of sustainable design principles and demonstrated experience transforming these principles into practice.
- Experience and interest in designing Federal/DOD, and K-12 spaces.
- The ability to work collaboratively with clients, architects, and contractors.
- Excellent technical skills that translate into accurate floor plans, sketches, and visual presentations.
- A comprehensive understanding of space planning and building codes, with an interest in learning about new developments in design theory and execution.
- Work is in our Virginia Beach office, with some remote flexibility.
- A Bachelor’s degree in interior design or a related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit. Sketchup, Adobe Programs, G Suite, or MAC experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of related professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable materials, finishes, and furniture, LEED and/or other Certifications Programs.
- A diverse portfolio showcasing your involvement with commercial, municipal, and federal work.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when handling client needs and preferences.
At Dills Architects, we practice a collaborative model of leadership that celebrates our individual skill sets, yet also combines them with our corporate core values of Accountability and Servant Leadership. Every member of our team is encouraged to share their ideas, look at challenges with an open mind and contribute immensely to every facet of the organization that piques their interest. We are proud of our low attrition rate, and high employee engagement — one of the reasons we consistently exceed client expectations.
We are looking for people who value teamwork and the collaborative process. The partnerships we have with our clients demand a high level of design, productivity, and experience across a wide variety of projects, from every member of our team. If this sounds like you, let’s start a conversation.